The Kendore Kingdom is a complete, Orton-Gillingham based, K-2 language arts curriculum. The Kendore Kingdom takes students systematically through reading concepts, beginning with fundamentals and progressing all the way through to advanced comprehension. Students learn in a fun, engaging format and travel on a “journey” that takes them from a party, to the vowel valley, over a bridge, on a treasure hunt, and beyond. Along the way, students meet a variety of characters and encounter some outlandish situations. Sound crazy? It might on the surface, but the Kendore Kingdom is scientifically designed not only to systematically teach all requisite learning skills, but to do so in a way that is enjoyed and, most importantly, used and remembered by students throughout their education.
Educators who use the Kendore Kingdom in their classrooms are supported by a wealth of training and materials. We offer Kendore Kingdom trainings and related workshops throughout the year. Kendore teachers are also offered the chance to become Kendore Certified, a rigorous, two-year process that greatly increases breadth and depth of knowledge.
Kendore Kingdom Content
- Phonemic Awareness
- Criminal words (sight words) vs. phonetic words
- Oral Language
Kendore Kingdom Materials
The Kendore Kingdom comes complete with comprehensive supporting materials. Our Teacher Manual is customized by grade level and includes the following:
- Extensive background information and teaching instruction on each concept presented
- Complete weekly lesson plans
- Fluency drills (with assessment matrix)
- Phonological awareness cards
- Syllable division exercises
- An extensive index of classroom ideas and activities (with instructions)
Our supporting materials for Kendore teachers include:
- Activity Books
- Fluency Workbooks
- Handwriting Skills Workbooks
- Criminal Word Workbooks to practice non-phonetic sight words
- Card Games (10 decks featuring hundreds of games)
- Multisensory Teaching Tools (gel boards, sand trays, and much more!)
Kendore Keystone: Remediation Curriculum
Kendore Keystone provides an intensive remediation program for struggling readers in grades 3 – 12. Based on the Kendore Kingdom curriculum, Kendore Keystone is a multisensory, Orton-Gillingham based program that can be provided to students in as little as two hours per week. Teachers can use Kendore Keystone one-on-one, in a small group, or in a whole classroom setting. The Kendore Keystone curriculum uses the fundamentals provided in Kendore Kingdom and also includes advanced concepts for older students, including syllabication and Greek and Latin roots.