Kendore-trained teachers are offered the opportunity to become Kendore Certified Multisensory Structured Language Teachers. Kendore Certified Teachers develop a depth and breadth of knowledge that enhances their classroom work and allows them to achieve mastery.
Kendore Certification Process
The Kendore Certification process is rigorous (taking approximately two years), and includes the following:
Prerequisites for Kendore Certified Teaching Level
- Participants must have earned a Bachelor’s degree
- Provide copy of credentials/transcript for review
Required Steps in the Certification Process
- Completion of Kendore Learning Classroom Training
- Kendore Kingdom OG-Based Reading & Spelling (Step I)
- Kendore Keystone (Step 2)
- Completion of all assigned independent reading, research and assignments with a 90% or better on all assignments
- Passing of final course work, including final exam, with a 90% or better
- 60 hours of practicum with students of various ages
- Complete 5 direct observations by Kendore Instructors (in person or using virtual technology), including detailed feedback sessions
- Lesson plan development and implementation for all 60 hours of instruction
- Certification will last for a three-year period upon completion of all requirements.
- Recertification after 3 years requires completion of 30 hours (over 3 years) of Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Continuing education may include approved workshops, seminars, symposia, conferences, audio and video conferences, etc. Documentation of all follow-up conferences, instructional classes, and observations will be required.
Contact us to learn more or apply now.
IMSLEC and IDA Accreditation
Kendore Learning’s training program and curriculum have been officially accredited by:
- The International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC)
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
With these important seals of approval, Kendore Learning joins the elite ranks of programs across the country recognized to help students overcome dyslexia and related issues.
Educators trained by Kendore Learning know that our training and curriculum meet well-defined educational standards. Our curriculum, staff, and facilities have been rigorously examined throughout the two-year IMSLEC and IDA Accreditation process and we are thrilled to have passed with flying colors and high accolades!