The Kendore Kingdom workshop is now available online! In this highly collaborative workshop, participants will attend class for 7 sessions at designated times (see details below) and will complete video-based homework assignments between sessions. Video technology will allow participants to interact with the instructor and classmates during and between class sessions and put learning into practice.
The Kendore Kingdom workshop* presents a holistic approach to teaching reading, writing, and spelling across the curriculum. This approach makes it possible to meet your Response to Intervention (RtI) needs whether implementing in a Tier I, Tier II, or Tier III setting.
The Kendore Kingdom is a complete, Orton-Gillingham based K-2 curriculum. You will learn the skills necessary to teach phonemic awareness, the alphabetic principle (phonics), vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, and spelling. This workshop uses methods that support classroom and special education teachers, reading specialists, paraprofessionals, and parents in presenting reading instruction. Teachers and students become involved in a process of learning in a fun, yet cognitive way that lasts a lifetime. Continuous assessments guide educators in making decisions regarding implementation for a differentiated delivery model.
Workshop participants will receive the following: *
- Teacher Manual
- Phonemic Awareness Materials
- Guidelines for Weekly Lesson Plans
- Activity Index
- Game Black Line Masters
- Fluency Drills
- Controlled Vocabulary Stories
- Syllabication Worksheets
- Phoneme/Grapheme Mapping Keys
- Recent Reading Research Articles
- Multisensory classroom materials:
- Games and Techniques for Sound, Sight Word, and Vocabulary Instruction
- Phonetic and Non-Phonetic Bulletin Board
- Consonant and Vowel Card Game Decks
- Sight Word Card Game Decks
- R-Controlled Card Game Decks
- Sound Track Phoneme Mats
- Super Sized Sound Blending Cards
- Super Sized Syllable Blending Cards
ONLINE, Interactive Workshop: 6:30 - 09:00 pm EST, Thursday evenings. (11/8, 11/15, 11/29, 12/13, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24 – (only one class in December).
Required Technology: Laptop or desktop computer with web camera (software download instructions will be provided), smart phone with video and texting capabilities.
This course earns 2 professional learning units. Certificate provided after completion of course.
Cost: $895.00 per person; includes games and materials. Payment or purchase order is required to confirm registration. Early registration is highly recommended -- space is limited.
* Materials may vary based on grade and/or School Contracts.