The Kendore Kingdom workshop presents a comprehensive approach to teaching reading, writing, and spelling across the curriculum. This approach makes it possible to meet your Response to Intervention (RtI) needs whether implementing in a Tier I, Tier II, or Tier III setting.
The Kendore Kingdom is a complete, Orton-Gillingham based K-2 curriculum. You will learn the skills necessary to teach phonemic awareness, the alphabetic principle (phonics), vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, and spelling. This workshop uses methods that support classroom and special education teachers, reading specialists, paraprofessionals, and parents in presenting reading instruction. Teachers and students become involved in a process of learning in a fun, yet cognitive way that lasts a lifetime. Continuous assessments guide educators in making decisions regarding implementation for a differentiated delivery model.
This workshop includes a day of Multisensory Spelling, where we will teach you 12 unforgettable rules that will remove, "that's just something you have to memorize" from your lexicon. These simple rules are presented in a fun, clock face story format and enable students to successfully spell thousands of words. Make memorizing word lists a thing of the past and leave with strategies and materials you can use immediately with students of any age.
Workshop participants will receive:
- Teacher Manual
- Phonemic Awareness Materials
- Guidelines for Weekly Lesson Plans
- Activity Index
- Game Black Line Masters
- Fluency Drills
- Controlled Vocabulary Stories
- Syllabication Worksheets
- Phoneme/Grapheme Mapping Keys
- Recent Reading Research Articles
- Multisensory classroom materials:**
- Games and Techniques for Sound, Sight Word, and Vocabulary Instruction
- Phonetic and Non-Phonetic Bulletin Board
- Consonant and Vowel Card Game Decks
- Sight Word Card Game Decks
- R-Controlled Card Game Decks
- Sound Track Phoneme Mats
- Super Sized Sound Blending Cards
- Super Sized Syllable Blending Cards
4 Day Workshop: 3 PLUs - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Cost: $1,050 per person; includes games and materials. Payment or purchase order is required to confirm registration. Early registration is highly recommended.
This course earns 3 professional learning credit hours. Certificate provided after completion of course.
** Materials may vary based on grade and/or School Contracts.