The Kendore Kingdom workshop presents a comprehensive approach to teaching reading, writing, and spelling across the curriculum. This approach makes it possible to meet your Response to Intervention (RtI) needs whether implementing in a Tier I, Tier II, or Tier III setting.
The Kendore Kingdom is a complete, Orton-Gillingham based K-2 curriculum. You will learn the skills necessary to teach phonemic awareness, the alphabetic principle (phonics), vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, and spelling. This workshop uses methods that support classroom and special education teachers, reading specialists, paraprofessionals, and parents in presenting reading instruction. Teachers and students become involved in a process of learning in a fun, yet cognitive way that lasts a lifetime. Continuous assessments guide educators in making decisions regarding implementation for a differentiated delivery model.
Workshop participants will receive:*
- Teacher Manual
- Phonemic Awareness Materials
- Guidelines for Weekly Lesson Plans
- Activity Index
- Game Black Line Masters
- Fluency Drills
- Controlled Vocabulary Stories
- Syllabication Worksheets
- Phoneme/Grapheme Mapping Keys
- Recent Reading Research Articles
- Multisensory classroom materials:
- Games and Techniques for Sound, Sight Word, and Vocabulary Instruction
- Phonetic and Non-Phonetic Bulletin Board
- Consonant and Vowel Card Game Decks
- Sight Word Card Game Decks
- R-Controlled Card Game Decks
- Sound Track Phoneme Mats
- Super Sized Sound Blending Cards
- Super Sized Syllable Blending Cards
4 Day Workshop: 3 PLUs - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
NEW! Unable to attend in person? This class is also available via Distance Learning. Join this workshop using a laptop, desktop computer with web camera, or smart phone with video and texting capabilities.
Cost: $1250.00 per person; includes games and materials. Payment or purchase order is required to confirm registration. Early registration is highly recommended.
Syllables Learning Center
12755 Century Drive, Suite C
Alpharetta, GA 30022
This course earns 2 professional credit hours. Certificate provided after completion of course.
*Materials may vary based on grade and/or School Contracts.