*Certification practicum has begun. Inquiries for future certification cohorts can be sent to email@example.com.
Practicum will begin in January, 2021. Program details will be provided to registrants.
Achieve mastery by becoming a Kendore Certified Multisensory Structured Language Teacher (KMSLT). KMSLTs possess a depth and breadth of knowledge that translates into classroom excellence.
Before beginning your practicum, you must successfully complete the following Kendore Learning workshops:
- Kendore Kingdom Part 1
- Kendore Kingdom Part 2
- Word Play Vocabulary
If you have not completed all workshops, please view our training schedule and register now for those that you have missed.
About the Practicum
When you sign up for the KMSLT Practicum, you will join a cohort of educators working toward certification. Kendore Learning instructors will mentor you throughout the six-month process by guiding you, evaluating your work, and providing feedback along the way.
To achieve the KMSLT designation, you must successfully complete the following:
- Independent reading, research and assignments
- 60 contact hours with students of various ages
- Lesson plan development and implementation for all 60 hours of instruction
- Five observations by Kendore Instructors (using virtual technology), including detailed feedback sessions
- Passing of final exam
- KMSLT certification lasts for a three-year period upon completion of all requirements.
- Recertification after 3 years requires completion of 30 hours (over 3 years) of Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Continuing education may include approved workshops, seminars, symposia, conferences, audio and video conferences, etc. Documentation of all follow-up conferences, instructional classes, and observations will be required.
IMSLEC and IDA Accreditation
Kendore Learning's training program and curriculum have been accredited by the following organizations:
- International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC)
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA)